Hey everyone, I’m Tracy and welcome to Gator Britches! I’m not a fan of labels but I guess this will be a sort of Lifestyle blog. Call it whatever you like, I just want to have fun, inspire others and post helpful tidbits. I was a frugal blogger from 2008 – 2012 and stopped to go back to school and just not have daily deadlines for a bit. I’m happily married to my best friend and soul mate, Army mom of a kickass soldier, sidekick of the cutest cat ever and avid DIY’er. There is a lot more to me but you’ll find that out in due time if you stick around. 😉
27 Random Things About Me Because Hey… Forever 27 Right?!
- I have a twisted sense of humor. Sometimes I find the weirdest things hilarious, I can’t help it.
- I have never owned a Barbie doll, didn’t want one.
- I was a tomboy growing up. I was all about BMX, sports and fighting.
- My very first concert was Men At Work. Don’t judge it was the 80’s and life was good.
- I love horror movies! Have since I was a little kid.
- I’m intrigued by the paranomal. The scientist in me wants to find all the answers to every spooky mystery possible.
- If I here the song Werewolves of London playing I can’t help but sing it. That song rocks!
- Every generation on my dad’s side has been in the Army. Yes… even me.
- I am a proud Army mom to an awesome soldier. Don’t ask for details or I’ll have to disappear you somehow. Just kidding… or am I?
- I suck at sewing. No matter how slow I go I can never sew a straight line.
- I can’t cook pot roast for two people. Somehow it always ends up enough for a family of 10. Thankfully I love me some pot roast!
- My go to drink at Starbucks is a Trenta Very Berry Hibiscus. Yes I said Trenta because clearly I need that 30 ounces of caffeinated goodness.
- Katy Perry’s song Firework makes me cry because my son sang it to me while watching The Interview right before he left for the Army. I love that kid of mine!
- I can’t stand reality TV shows, I see no reason for their existence. Live for yourself not through others is my motto.
- Last movie I saw was Range 15. Veteran made movie about veterans saving the world from zombies. I laughed my ass off
- I love zombie movies and TV shows. If you haven’t seen Z Nation on TV you don’t know what you’re missing lol.
- I love leggings! I wear them to work out with t-shirts or dress them up with a nice tunic and belt.
- I am an empty nester. Kids are in their mid to late 20s.
- Life is good at 46 (2016).
- I do not drink carbonated drinks. That’s right, no soda for this chick at all.
- I have crazy allergies. I’m talking year round allergies not this seasonal stuff people speak of. I want to rip my eyes out with wire brushes every other day. That’s the type of allergies I deal with.
- I rarely wear make up due to #21 affecting my eyes too much.
- I was an inch too short to be a Military Police in the Army. I’m 5’3″ and wish someone had the balls to tell me that to my face. I’d show them how an inch is nothing once your adrenaline kicks in lol.
- When it comes to movies and TV shows I think I should have been a guy. I don’t do chick flicks. Give me action, sci-fi or horror please.
- My best friend writes the best ugly cry books ever. I swear its only so she can fill her cup up with the tears of her readers.
- I want to write a book one day. I have the characters and part of their story but that’s all so far lol.
- I love New Orleans and want to get a house in the French Quarter. I absolutely love that place, my soul feels at home when I’m there. NOLA girl at heart.
But what’s with the name…
I know… you’re probably thinking WTH is with the name. Well around here everything gets called britches. My cat, britches (Britches McGee to be exact), hubby is sometimes britch lips, and anything else if I like it will get britchified somewhere along the long. I know that doesn’t explain the gator part of britches so here it goes lol. I went to New Orleans not to long ago and had to ditch one of my coveted tours for something hubby wanted to do. He wanted to do a swamp tour and all I could think about was mosquitoes and missing one of my cool paranormal tours. So I caved and purchased a Groupon for a swamp tour because when in Rome and all. Anyways, during the swamp tour the captain of the boat let everyone hold his baby gator named Lucy. That was all it took, I held Lucy, she held my finger and it was heaven. Fate I tell you, I fell hard for that cute baby gator. It’s ridiculous I know but it happened, she was the cutest thing ever and I didn’t care about anything at that point but little miss gator britches. Every time I talked about the swamp tour it became the gator britches tour. I can’t wait to go back and see my Lucy, my gator britches girl.
So you’re probably still wondering why I chose that name. Well I had been stumped for a month or two on what to call my blog after taking a couple years off from blogging. I was chatting with my good friend and blogger, Kristin and told her the rate I was going it would be calling my blog Gator Britches. She said do it and well I took it as a dare and did it.