I love recipes that are simple yet tasty and easy to make. If you’re looking for a nice little dessert to whip up for your next party or maybe you’re thinking ahead like I am for those upcoming fall festivities. This tasty caramel apple cream puff recipe will surely be a hit and have people asking how to make it.
Caramel Apple Cream Puffs
For the Puff Pastry:
- 1 cup of water
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup all purpose Flour
- 4 Eggs
- ½ cup Butter
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
For the Apple Filling:
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons of water
- 1 box of caramel pie pudding filling (2 cups of milk for pudding)
- Caramel topping (as desired) check out our easy one ingredient caramel sauce recipe
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the salt and flour together in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large pot over high heat bring butter and water to a boil. Stir in the salt and flour, lower heat to medium and mix together until it becomes a ball form. Place dough in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk in one egg at a time, being sure it’s well mixed before adding another. It should have a smooth consistency before adding next egg. Repeat this step for remaining eggs.
- Add in the ¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Mix.
- In an ungreased pan, drop in 1 tablespoon of dough at a time.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- In a large pan, melt butter and add in apples. Sauté for 5-7 minutes over medium heat. Add in cinnamon, brown sugar and water. Lower heat to low, gently keep stirring for an additional 2-3 minutes until apples are tender. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, make the caramel pie filling according to directions.
- Once puffs are done, slice in half. Spoon on one teaspoon of caramel pie filling and then ½ teaspoon of apple filling. Layer again with the other half of the puff. Drizzle caramel on top.
- Sprinkle some sea salt on top for that salted caramel taste if you like as well.
Makes 26 puff pastries.